September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month (OCAM)!
Ovarian Cancer signs and symptoms can be vague so the vibrant, hard-to-miss color teal brings awareness about this diagnosis, especially during September.
You can participate nationally and locally in raising awareness. Clearity has put together a few fun ways for you to help bring ovarian cancer awareness to your town and some useful tools.
“Paint” the Town Teal with teal ribbons
- Submit a request for your “Paint” the Town Teal ribbon kit
- Put teal ribbons up at your house. Ask your neighbors, ask your city and put them up wherever you can.
- Take photos
- Tag #tealtown, #clearity
- Share on social media
“Paint” the Town Teal Community Kit
- Ask businesses in your town to show their support by displaying the “Paint” the Town Teal flyer so their customers can order teal ribbons
- Request a local proclamation for “Ovarian Cancer Awareness Day” from your city council (Download request template)
- Request permission for teal ribbon display in popular spots around town (Download request template)
- Request for teal illumination of fountains, buildings and other prominent locations. (Download request template)
Want to host your own OCAM activity?
Are you a San Diego Local?
Here are a few activities to check out
- Ovarian Cancer Alliance (OCA) San Diego Walk- Teal Steps
- Check out the Teal Lights around town:
- Friday, Sept. 1st at the San Diego County Admin Bldg. 1600 Pacific Coast Highway, SD. CA 92101 at Dusk
- More to Come!